Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Last night at some ungodly hour, I added an "about me" section to my blog. It gives a good depiction of my here and now. You may find it by casting your eyes upwards and to the right of the "Home" tab. Or click here

So I went to Beautel this morning to see a doctor about my nausea, fatigue, headaches, and body aches. He said I'm about the 12th (whoop?) person to come in with these symptoms, and diagnosed me with gastroenteritis. The good news is that recovery only takes 48 hours, and I'm already feeling a little better. St. Elmo, pray for me! 

Enough about the stomach flu. Today is the Feast of St. Therese! 

Meet your new friend.
Saint Therese of Lisieux, ora pro nobis!
(Click the photo for autobiography)
Saint Therese is pretty sweet. She lived from 1873 - 1897 and she's a Doctor of the Church. You might want to consider praying her novena. She is the patroness of missions and missionaries, which is kind of ironic because she was a cloistered Carmelite nun who lived in one place most of her life. But then again there's also St. Francis and St. Clare, active friar and cloistered nun, who wanted each other's vocations at first. Francis wanted to live his life in contemplative prayer with God, while Clare wanted to be a missionary, traveling to exotic places to tell of Jesus, but God had different plans for them both. 

Quotes from St. Therese:

"It is not Death that will come to fetch me, it is the good God. Death is no phantom, no horrible specter, as presented in pictures. In the catechism it is stated that death is the separation of soul and body, that is all! Well, I am not afraid of a separation which will unite me to the good God forever."

"May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be."

Fun fact about me and St. Therese: Our feast days are right next to each other! Hers is today, and mine is tomorrow! Okay, okay, I'm definitely not a Saint...but tomorrow really is my birthday. I'm turning twenty-two. It feels just like twenty-one, despite what Taylor says. My parents are supposed to be coming down from Dallas to visit me. I hope they make it! 


  
Happy feast day! My St. Therese holy water font says "hi!"














Last thing: Please pray for my roommate who has a geometry  research paper due tomorrow.  She will love you so much if you  can offer one quick little "Glory  be" for her efforts. 

Oh, snap. Look at the time! I  gotta run. Class in 10 minutes.  Here's to being late.

Next time: How did I name my blog? Also, meet my family!

Oh! P.s. Go to Confession. You'll be glad you did. Jesus will kiss your sweet soul. 
The Sacrament will be offered today at St. Mary's chapel at 4:30pm and also on campus at the Quad at 8:30 in the Sander's Corps Center. Don't miss out!

No comments:

Post a Comment